Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter 2011

I love the holidays -- in my family the holidays mean family.
Easter 2011 was no different.  My brother, Tom, and sister-in-law. Linda, once again agreed to have us over.  My daughter, her husband and my grandson came down a couple of days early, giving Ian and me the chance to color Easter eggs.  Ian is a huge fan of the color "green."  Can you tell?


My brother, Ted, entertained all of us by showing up in a 1949 Packard.  Thankfully the predicted rain did not arrive or I'm sure we would have had to go to great lengths to keep the spots off of the car.



Of course, the Easter Bunny showed up.  We didn't have as many of the next generation in attendance as usual, but those who were able to come had a wonderful time.


I understand that my great niece has made it her mission to determine who is playing the Easter Bunny.

Easter represents new birth and resurrection, as does spring.  This year I planted a couple of azalea bushes in honor of my mother.  She would always say that the azaleas were in bloom on Derby Day -- the first Saturday of May.  Thanks to my son-in-law, the bushes and some of my other spring flowers were captured in pictures.  Oh, how I love this time of the year.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and is enjoying spring on this, the first day of May.

3 comments:

  1. I love every single one of these photos! It was so nice to get all of the jones family (well, most of it) together. Can't wait until the wedding. See you then!

    --Rian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable photos, Kathy. Thanks so much for dropping by and making the two comments on the connection to Margel and my grandfather's letter. I was pretty blown away by that letter and am so appreciative of your comments and how much you like it. More to come!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Comments are appreciated and keep me motivated.