Sunday, January 8, 2012

Evelyn Ryan and Charles McCafferty

Wedding of Charles McCafferty and Evelyn Ryan


I am fortunate, at my age, to still have two siblings of my mother who are still with us -- Evelyn and Jim.  Family historians know how fortunate they are to be be able to have a "fact checker" who can help ascertain whether or not a story is fact or fiction.  My Aunt Evelyn does that for me.

As mentioned in earlier posts, my mother and her two sisters all got married between January and June of 1948.  They were part of the group of post World War II brides and veteran husbands who were responsible for the "Baby Boom."  I am part of that generation.

My brother located a picture album filled with 8 x 10 pictures of the wedding of all three girls.  Some were completely new to me.  I've decided to put some of them into collages and make them part of the family history record recorded in this blog. Evelyn and Charlie will celebrate their 64th Wedding Anniversary in April. They are the parents of four children, 21 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.

Bridesmaids were Florence Ryan, Virginia Ryan Jones, and Clara McCafferty
The men pictured include Roy Ryan (father of the bride), Jim Ryan and John McCafferty



The Wedding Party

In this collage, the picture on the top left includes Marie Metz (aunt), Beatrice McCafferty, Charles McCafferty, Evelyn Ryan McCafferty, Virginia Ryan, Roy Ryan and August Vonderheide.  The wedding party included John McCafferty, Jim Ryan, Jim McCafferty, Charles McCafferty, Evelyn Ryan McCaffery, Virginia Ryan Jones, Clara McCafferty and Florence Ryan.

Note: If you happen to like photo collages, check out additional ones on a wide variety of topics at Little Red House.  Mary Carroll offers bloggers an opportunity to share their latest collages with others as part of Mosaic Monday.

7 comments:

  1. I love to look at wedding photos from this time period (and earlier). The brides and bridesmaids gowns were so feminine and elaborate. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful.
    I have lots of wedding photos from my mother and dad and from my aunt - precious, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great display of wedding photos! They seem particularly well suited to mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy,
    Can you believe that my grandmother personally sewed everyone of the bridesmaid dresses for all three weddings that took place between January and June 1948?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thing to do. The pictures will bring happiness for a long time to come. V

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I love wedding photos and it does make a great mosaic. Love the calla lilies.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Kudos for being able to gather old photos like that! It's a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Comments are appreciated and keep me motivated.