Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our 25th Wedding Anniversary - January 1, 2012

It was a quiet day in Lake Wobegon.  Bill and I had considered going away for a few days to celebrate our 25th Anniversary, but the unexpected yet welcome birth of our second grandson, Andrew, made us postpone any thought of a getaway.


So what to do.  Bill and my daughter are huge fans of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.  The book was made into a movie which was released last week.  We decided a nice movie followed by dinner out would be a great way to celebrate.  The city was alive because the Bengals were playing for a guaranteed spot in the playoffs. 

Cincinnati Skyline

For those not familiar with the geography of Cincinnati, Ohio and Kentucky are separated by the beautiful Ohio River with Cincinnati on the north side of the river. The best views of the city are from the Kentucky side.  The day started out in the 50's but the temperature steadily fell with winds gusting up to 30 mph+.  Due to all of the rain we've had this year, the river is really up.

The movie was great!  We definitely came away feeling like it was worth the price of admission.  We followed up the movie with a nice dinner at the Claddagh Irish Pub located right on the river at Newport on the Levee.  Coffee and a cookie at the Barnes and Noble bookstore finished up the night.

25th Wedding Anniversary
As we were driving home, the snow flurries were quite heavy, making us feel grateful that our little getaway had to be postponed.  I can't believe it's been 25 years!  On to 2012!


Note:  If you are interested in our wedding story, click on the link to the right that discusses New Years Day 2011.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 25 years! And Happy New Year, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Kathy! I actually got my husband to go to this movie too -- and he really liked it. He hates sitting through movies and I think it's maybe the 15th we've seen together (at the show) in oh.... 46 years together! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I'm late on posting this, but congrats on 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from Cincinnati, now living in Chicago...I am going to your photo as my desktop background so I can think about my city everyday. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Comments are appreciated and keep me motivated.