Friday, March 25, 2016

Five Generation Birthplace Pedigree

Five Generation Birthplace Pedigree

Yesterday on facebook, fellow genealogist J Paul Hawthorne shared a template inviting us to note the birthplaces of our ancestors for the past five generations. After showing the number of ancestors from England we have ten generations ago, it was fun to look at the origins of our more recent ancestors. This chart starts with me on the left. I was born in Ohio, as were both of my parents. You can see our Buckeye roots run deep. If you want to know who is represented in each of the color-coded blocks, refer to the chart below.

Click to enlarge

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the way you put the other pedigree below the location one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kris. This was just the kind of genealogical fun I needed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you stacked them together really shows the difference between the charts. I have been working harder to make sure my locations are proved since I did this exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic outcome of this little exercise. Luckily for me, these are well-documented. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Comments are appreciated and keep me motivated.