Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Ohio to Erie Trail - Boston Mills to Massillon, OH - July 30th


This has always been one of my favorite quotes. It seems so appropriate now. Last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were spent with medical appointments. Looking at my calendar, I knew we were going to have a few days free, so Bill and I decided at the last minute to head north with our bicycles. Our plan was to take off from where we ended 11 days earlier. Riding the Ohio to Erie Trail, that transverses the state of Ohio from Cincinnati to Cleveland, has long been on Bill's bucket list. 

I've found on my breast cancer journey that there are two things that help me cope: 1) writing this blog, and 2) taking small trips that do not put me at risk of exposure to Covid 19. We headed up to Columbus to my daughter's house. (They were away on vacation, so no chance of exposure there). The next morning, we drove to Boston Mills in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Here we were able to start again. Bill rides the entire distance and I meet him with the car at the predetermined endpoint. As you can see, every precaution is taken.




I rode the first 12 miles with Bill and then returned to the car. The scenery was incredible.


Cuyahoga Valley National Park

I don't think I spent one minute thinking about cancer or surgery. The skies were a bit overcast with the high reaching about 80 degrees -- a perfect day for a bike ride.

                                                            
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Comments are appreciated and keep me motivated.